Sanguine or red chalk is a mineral pigment made of clay and hematite (Fe2O3). It is deep red in color and has been used for artistic expression already by the neanderthals. Since the renaissance it has been shaped into a kind of pencil, used mainly for sketches similar to graphite pencils today.
The goal is to build a framework for generative art for pen plotters in Rust.
Some features I have in mind:
- generate art as svg
- parse a limited number of shapes from svg files (WIP).
- add more organic ways to generate images, such as voronoi diagrams
- adapt composition things to work with voronoi diagrams (WIP)
- experiment with L-systems.
- add noise generator
- add camera input, so the generated art can be a reaction to what already is on paper.
- project layout that allows for easy transitions between creating art work with lots of predefined functions, writing custom parts for the frame work and switching between different works of art.
- generate art without svg output, by addressing the pen plotter directly
- input from hardware rngs
- Docs and Website
You can also follow the project over at github. Output that I do consider art will also be posted at instagram.
Support this work or buy my art works over at